DWI Attorneys Denton County
Representation for Drunk Driving Charges in Denton, Texas
If you were arrested for driving under the influence or a related offense, it is in your best interest to immediately contact an experienced Denton DWI attorney. It is no exaggeration to state that your case and possibly your entire future may depend on you making that phone call. At The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, PLLC, over the past several years, we have executed many successful legal strategies that resulted in the significant downfall of a number of the state’s “slam dunk” cases.
If you feel utterly hopeless, it is important to remember that not all DWI cases are open and shut. Even if your case is filled with bad facts that for all intents and purposes should tank your case, don’t give up. A good DWI attorney in Denton County, Texas may be able to work around the negative aspects and steer your case in a positive direction.
Discuss the details of your case in a consultation with our team today.
DWI-Related Offenses in Texas that We Handle
Texas has a very well-known reputation for its hard-nosed, tough stance against all crimes, especially DWI-related offenses. Despite the state’s very strict drunk driving laws, an unbelievably huge number of DWI-related incidents and arrests take place in Texas on an annual basis. It, therefore, can come as no surprise that Texas law enforcement aggressively prosecutes drivers accused of DWI.
We have years of experience representing clients charged a number of DWI / DUI related offenses, including but not limited to the following:
- Misdemeanor DWI
- Felony DWI
- Driving under the influence by a minor
- DWI with a child passenger under the age of 15 (felony)
- DWI with a suspended license
- DWI by a repeat offender (possibly a felony)
- Intoxication assault (felony)
- Intoxication manslaughter (felony)
The Many Aspects of a DWI Case
Some of the many issues and matters our Denton DWI law firm handles include but are not limited to the following:
- ALR Hearings
- Requesting occupational driver’s licenses for those whose licenses are under suspension
- Various issues related to the state’s misleadingly entitled No Refusal Weekend
- Matters related to breath and/or blood tests
- Checkpoint issues
What is an Administrative License Revocation in Texas?
A DWI case is made up of a criminal law component as well as an administrative law component – which consists of The Administrative License Revocation (ALR) process. You have the right to request an administrative license revocation (ALR) hearing which allows you to fight the suspension of your license.
When you were arrested for allegedly committing a DWI-related offense, it is likely that the arresting officer confiscated your driver’s license. The State of Texas will automatically suspend your license if you do not request an ALR process hearing within 15 days of your arrest.
In other words, if you have any chance at fighting the possible suspension of your driver’s license, you must request a hearing during this time period. Our team handles many ALR hearings and have had good success in obtaining favorable results for our clients throughout this administrative process.
If you need representation through your ALR hearing, contact our Denton DWI lawyer today!
What is an Occupational Driver’s License?
An occupational driver’s license authorizes drivers in Texas with suspended licenses to drive to a very limited number of places. Its award is not guaranteed, and it may be difficult to obtain.
The occupational license can allow you to continue driving to:
- Your child’s daycare
- The grocery store
- Other essential places
When it comes to doing what it takes to obtain favorable outcomes for our clients, our Denton DWI attorney can be tenacious and especially persuasive. This tenacity has resulted in many of our clients obtaining desperately-need operational driver’s licenses.
DWI Penalties in Texas
DWI charges brought in the State of Texas may result in serious penalties. You run a very big risk to your liberty and your wallet if you try to fight the charges without competent legal counsel. That's why it's important to contact a DWI Lawyer in Denton.
Depending on the actual charge(s), DWI-related misdemeanors may result in the following legal, financial, and administrative penalties:
- Some misdemeanors result in jail time ranging from three to 180 days; while other misdemeanors may result in jail time of up to one year
- Fines for certain misdemeanors may go up to $2,000; while others may result in the issuance of fines of up to $4,000
- Suspension of driver’s license for a minimum 90 days up to one year
- Mandatory alcohol counseling
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (and payment of all costs)
- Court fees
- Expensive surcharges to be paid to the Texas Department of Public Safety
DWI-related felonies carry much stiffer penalties beyond those listed above, including:
- Some felonies result in a jail sentence of no less than 180 days to 2 years (to be served in a State Jail Facility)
- Other felonies result in a prison sentence of no less than two to 10 years, Intoxication manslaughter can by up to 20 years
- Fines up to $10,000
- Suspension of driver’s license for a long, long time
Negative life consequences that may go far beyond financial and legal penalties:
- The creation or expansion of a criminal record
- Loss of certain types of jobs and careers
- Loss of possible future employment opportunities
- Loss of the ability to volunteer with many educational, athletic, and charity organizations
- Loss of professional licenses (or an outright bar to obtaining one in the future)
- Loss of security clearances
- Negative effects on custody cases and parenting plans
- Strained or broken relationships with loved ones, friends, and colleagues
Will I Lose My Driver's License with a DWI Charge?
Every DWI charge is different as is the outcome of any conviction. In most cases, the conviction of a DWI arrest of any type will lead to the suspension or revocation of your license. However, the period of suspension and whether or not you are given driving privileges may differ from case to case.
Begin Building Your DWI Case Today
We are a local firm deeply involved in the Denton community. For several years, your Denton County DWI lawyers have fought hard and gained significant experience representing the citizens of North Texas. We know good people make mistakes, and we pledge to provide only the highest level of legal services possible to try and prevent those mistakes from ruining your life.
Call us today at (940) 400-0475 to schedule a consultation so we can discuss your case and get started.
Numerous Firm Awards & Recognitions
Personalized Representation Focused on Achieving Results
Personalized Care & Attention for All of Our Clients
Respected by Peers within the Legal Community of North Texas
Experience & Familiarity with the Local Court Systems