Violent Crimes Attorneys in Denton
Facing Charges for a Crime of Violence in Dallas Fort-Worth Area?
There are many ways that The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline stands out from the pack of Northern Texas criminal-defense firms that handle violent crimes cases. With years of experience helping clients in crimes of violence matters, we know what it takes to give you the best chance at reaching a favorable outcome in your case.
Our highly respected Denton violent crimes lawyers offer numerous benefits to our clients, including:
- A strong reputation: Our firm’s reputation for being reasonable, ethical, tenacious, and extremely-proficient professionals carries substantial weight at the negotiation table and in the courtroom. Since prosecutors know that we are skilled negotiators and highly-effective trial lawyers, we are able to bypass many unreasonable deals and discussions that waste everyone’s time.
- A successful track record: Every single case is unique; and the results of one case may have no bearing on the outcome of another, similar case. In fact, any lawyer who tells you otherwise is not being truthful. With that said, no one knows better than our clients that a lengthy and consistent track record of successful case outcomes is earned through hard work, dedication, commitment, and experience.
An accusation of one or more violent crimes, let alone a conviction, may result in devastating consequences for you and your loved ones. With so much at stake, don’t wait. Contact us today.
What are Examples of Violent Crimes?
Although the name seems quite generic, there are specific state and federal crimes that are classified as “Violent Crimes.”
Not surprisingly, these crimes generally are quite horrible; and can include a variety of charges such as:
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse
- Assault (including sexual assault)
- Aggravated assault
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Armed robbery
- Home invasion
- Terrorist-related threats
- Hate crimes
- Homicide (as well as Attempted Homicide), including murder and some types of manslaughter
Violent Crimes: Misdemeanors or Felonies?
Not surprisingly, most violent crimes are charged and prosecuted as felonies in the State of Texas. These charges range from the least-serious State Jail Felonies to 3rd-, 2nd-, and 1st-Degree Felonies, which are the most serious in nature.
Violent Crimes: Considerations & Questions
Convictions and/or the negotiation of plea deals may result in various penalties and punishments, the determination of which is based on a number of pertinent factors and facts.
Some of the factors that Texas courts and prosecutors may consider when ordering or offering penalties include the following:
- Existence and nature of a prior criminal record (especially convictions of similar violent crime(s))
- Sometimes, but not always, the age of the defendant
- Almost always, the age of the victim(s)
- The facts leading up to, during, and subsequent to the alleged violent crime
- The sufficient finding of aggravating factors
- Use of a weapon
- The severity of the victim’s injuries
- Vulnerability of victim
- “Leadership” role of the defendant
Penalties & Punishment for Violent Crimes
In Texas, the consequences for crimes of violence are harsh and unforgiving. If convicted, you face time in jail or prison, expensive fines, a permanent mark on your record, negative impacts on divorce and/or custody matters, mandatory counseling, loss of your right to vote, and long-term difficulties with housing or job applications.
The penalties can also travel far beyond a brief stint in jail. In fact, the seriousness of penalties for violent crimes is along the lines of those handed out in sex crime cases – including the ultimate penalty: capital punishment.
Specialized Knowledge & a Successful Track Record Working for You
At The Law Office of Gregory C. Goline, we understand that your case literally has life or death implications for you or a loved one.
Let our vast experience and our sharp legal skills speak for themselves. We work hard to maintain our reputation as a good criminal defense firm with reasonable, compassionate, experienced, and highly-skilled lawyers who can be quite tenacious if necessary.
Reach out to our firm today to schedule an initial consultation, at which time we can discuss your case and answer any questions you may have about us and our approach to cases. During this consultation, we will ask you to outline the details of your charges. We encourage you to be as transparent as possible with our team so we can best serve you. Let us help you fight a violent crime conviction and protect your legal rights.
Call us at (940) 400-0475 today to get started with a member of our team. We are committed to helping our clients however we are able.
Numerous Firm Awards & Recognitions
Personalized Representation Focused on Achieving Results
Personalized Care & Attention for All of Our Clients
Respected by Peers within the Legal Community of North Texas
Experience & Familiarity with the Local Court Systems