Denton Car Accident Lawyers
Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident in Denton or the DFW Area?
Being involved in a car accident is a frightening experience, but you're likely counting your blessings if you can walk away from it unscathed. But what happens when you can’t walk after a car accident and need months of medical care and physical therapy? You survived the accident, but you’re still trapped in the experience, fighting to recover your life. While you’re fighting to gain back your health and strength, the lost wages and time from work can leave you in poor financial health, too! All of this anguish is made worse when your injuries, pain, and suffering are due to someone else's careless driving. At Goline & Roland Law Firm, PLLC, we have years of legal experience helping clients fight for fair compensation. Texas law gives victims the right to be compensated. Our Denton car accident lawyers help clients fight every day for the compensation they’re entitled to and deserve. Just because the law supports a victim’s right to compensation, that doesn’t mean it's easy to get what you deserve in your case. Insurance companies and reckless drivers will fight to prove they aren’t the cause of your injuries, which is why you need aggressive legal representation to ensure your voice is heard. You can entrust your case to our Denton car accident lawyers, knowing we will fight for you.
If you were injured in a car accident, contact the Denton car accident lawyers from Goline & Roland Law Firm, PLLC. We can help you! Call now at (940) 400-0475 or reach out online.
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): A traumatic brain injury can cause death, and they kill almost 50,000 people each year. Car accidents are a primary cause of TBI, and when a victim doesn’t die from the injury, they are left with a lifelong disability.
- Back & Spinal Cord Injury: When a car impacts another vehicle or stationary object, the effect on the body is tremendous. It can lead to spinal cord and back injuries ranging from paralysis to chronic pain and disability.
- Soft Tissue Damage: Your skin is strong, but when it encounters asphalt, shrapnel, chemicals, hot liquids, or gas from a car accident, it can lead to burns, scraps, and lacerations. Burns and chemical damage can require intensive medical care.
- Broken Bones & Limb Loss: A car traveling at high speeds can leave a driver or passenger at risk of severe injury to arms and legs upon impact with another object. Legs can be broken, severed, or crushed beyond repair, requiring amputation.
- Neck, Seatbelt, & Airbag Injuries: One of the most common injuries stemming from a car accident is the harsh slamming action caused by engaging automobile brakes to stop a vehicle. Whiplash is a neck injury affecting the tendons. Whiplash can happen if at lower rates of speed. Airbags travel upwards of 100 mph when deploying, and seatbelts can snap into action to save your life, causing severe bruising. A driver or passenger can receive serious damage from these lifesaving measures.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: When we think of a car accident, we think of physical health primarily. However, studies have shown that drivers experience mental anguish and lasting mental health issues in serious car accidents. Drivers may experience debilitating fear and worry when in a vehicle, requiring mental health treatment.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Denton and the DFW Area
The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) reported over 350,000 crashes in 2020. According to TXDOT, 2021 was the second deadliest year to drive on Texas records since they’ve started keeping records. While the uptick of fatalities is in step with national trends, Texas fatalities increased 15% year over year. To tackle car accident injuries and fatalities, safety experts continue to stress the importance of encouraging good driving habits while discouraging many of the bad habits that have increased over time.
Car accidents are typically caused by poor driving habits, such as:
- Reckless lane changes
- Failure to stay in one lane
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Failure to obey stop signs and signals
- Loss of control while traveling at high speeds
While poor and impatient driving habits are very common and a typical cause of car crashes, some of the most damaging and fatal car crashes are caused by only a few issues:
- Reckless Driving: Driving at high speeds while ignoring stop signs and driving conventions is a common cause of fatal car accidents. Reckless drivers operate their vehicles on roadways with little concern for other drivers, which is in opposition to the duty of care each driver is required to afford to one another.
- Distracted Driving: One of the major contributors to fatal car accidents in Texas is distracted driving. TXDOT researchers found that 20% of all crashes are caused by driver distraction. While mobile phone use is prohibited while driving, laws have not led to the decrease in crashes safety experts hoped for and expected.
- Impaired Driving: Operating a motor vehicle while impaired is a serious problem that hasn’t changed over the years and continues to be a large source of severe injury for drivers and passengers. DUI-related crashes account for 25% of fatal crashes in Texas. When these crashes do not end in death, they can still cause life-threatening injuries.
Call Goline & Roland Law Firm, PLLC; Our Denton Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
A car accident can be a life-changing experience, and if you’ve been injured, you may not know how to fight for compensation to cover your expenses. Our Denton car accident lawyers can provide the legal assistance you need to get through this process. We have years of experience working on cases just like yours, so don’t hesitate to contact our office for assistance.
To schedule a consultation to discuss injuries sustained in a Denton car accident, contact us at (940) 400-0475 or contact us online.